First a look back at 2018:
I completed 5 items from my 2018 Make Nine List: summer pants, raglan tee, embroidered kitchen towels, refashion from stash (3 refashions), and Christmas sewing.
Embroidered blouse, crochet yoke tee, basket quilt with (previously) embroidered center, and collared button shirt were not finished (or started). Will anything carry over? Let’s see.
The Make Nine Challenge was started by Lucky Lucille, and the photo collages are popular on Instagram.
Last year my make nine was just nine hand written notes. This year I am being less vague, and I’m showing either the pattern or fabric I will be using.
2019 Make Nine
- Embroidered Blouse – Using the Folkwear pattern “Old Mexico Dress”, the yoke will be hand embroidered.
- Crochet yoke tee – with the pictured crochet thread.
- Itch to Stitch Mountain View Pull on Jeans – for comfort and because they have real pockets. I was planning on using a stretch denim I already had but didn’t have enough fabric.
- Maria Denmark Day to Night Drape Top – I don’t have the fabric yet.
- Autumn Twilight Cross Stitch Picture – I have never stitched a full size picture for framing before and I like this flying geese scene. This is a kit with 16 count aida. It will be challenging, but it’s doable.
- Hand knit accessory – a scarf knitted with the pictured navy and gray yarn.
- Stretch Denim Shorts – this is the fabric I wanted to make the pants with. I might use the same pattern for the shorts.
- Knit Fabric Dress – I could use a basic dress, and notice I have never liked wearing traditional dresses with zippers. I’m not sure if I will use a pattern, or just make an elongated tee.
- Spring Jacket – McCalls 7333 – I am planning to use a linen blend fabric I already have.
The list contains a variety of most everything I know how to do: sewing, freehand embroidery, cross stitch, knitting, and crochet. So much creativity – at least in my mind and on paper, ha!
I have actually started 3 of these projects already! I love making lists, do you?