No, this isn’t about heavy issues. I have fitting woes due to having small shoulders compared to my bust size. I tried to refashion a short sleeved collared dress with shoulders so wide and deep that I couldn’t lift my arms, but I just couldn’t get it to work. Setting in sleeves smoothly is hard! I think I would have had to take the whole dress apart and remove the collar, so I ended up putting it aside.
I decided to tackle something I could finish. The dress form mannequin pin cushion from DIY Dish. Just a little sewing, stuffing, gluing, and finding an old candlestick to use as the base.
I used an old scrap of material for the body. I think mine came out a little misshapen, and somehow the shapely curve of the bust disappeared. The ribbon and button embellishment hides the lopsided shoulders. Again, a problem with shoulders!
I have been enjoying using Pinterest to keep track of all the projects I might want to make, and the techniques I need to learn. Next up: fitting a blouse from a tissue pattern.